Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wisdom Tooth Update

Hello, Readers!

Today is Sunday, the 6th day after my wisdom tooth surgery. I am doing much better, but not 100% yet. This is my last day of antibiotics. I have been off the prescription painkillers for almost 3 days! Very moderate soreness is now being treated with an over the counter pain killer as needed. I even ate pizza yesterday. 2 whole slices.

However, I really must complain express my concern about my lingering tongue numbness. The left side of my tongue has been numb since the surgery, and, even weirder, I have had a really odd feeling at the left base of my tongue, like a ball is wedged back there or something. It makes swallowing awkward and I feel it all the time. It doesn't actually hurt but it is annoying and distracting and strange.

The funny thing about the nerve damage is that, before the surgery, the doctor reviewed x-rays with us. He showed us the nerve and it's relation to the tooth, and predicted no nerve trouble at all. Hmm.

So now, I have to wait and see if it will go away. I really hope it does.

And now, Readers, I leave you. We are going to Lowe's to look at some goodies for our indoor and outdoor gardens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, sunshine!